Monday, August 2, 2010

thinking of you

Hello!  Happy Monday!  Today is a holiday in Canada so we are enjoying some family time!  After a much too busy week last week it's been nice to be relaxing at home, and cleaning!  We had a terrific time at our friends cabin on Saturday, the water was so warm and it was so hot out!  All the kids had a blast!  Today I have some thinking of you cards to share.  A few weeks ago my mom's elderly friend suffered a massive heart attack, when my mom was away in Croatia!  My brother called me and I went right away to visit her.  And I was mad at myself since I didn't have any cards made that I could bring to her.   Thankfully after a bit in the hospital she has come home, and my brother got her in touch with my mom on the phone.  Since than I have been meaning to make thinking of you cards to have on hand and have a lot of ideas stored up in my head.  I am happy that one of the Hero Arts theme's this month is keeping in touch, I plan on working on my thinking of you stash.  This card also work for the CAS-tastic challenge this week which is to use some bling.  Funny as this card has been in my head for a while and I had been planning on using bling!


I stamped the Hero Arts Blooming Meadow stamp in white on the craft.  I distressed the edges of the Bella Blvd pp, added the thread with buttons, and the bling.  This card is simple but I really like it!

I noticed that my sweet flickr friend Barb received my sympathy card that I sent her so I thought I would share it.  It uses the same stamp and the same pp (what can I say I love that pp)

This is my first card using lace!  I picked it up at the local fabric store for cheap.  I actually picked up all sorts of things that I haven't gotten around to using!  I love the lace but I find it hard to use! 

I hope that you have a wonderful week!  I better run the kids are playing in Ariel's room quietly. Okay I went in and they were having a sleepover and cuddling in her bed, so sweet!

11 comments:

Good Timing said...

These are lovely Anita!! :)

stampingandstitching said...

These are two beautiful, elegant cards Anita and even though you used the same stamp and pp you achieved two completely different looks! I'm laughing at your comment about the kids - I always think something is up when my kids are very quiet!

Dawn T said...

Both your cards are so beautiful Anita. Love the way you have created two quite different cards using the same elements. Just shows how talented you are my dear.

Lin said...

Love both of these cards, especially the little touches of buttons and lace. You are so right to have some of these cards made and on hand......you never know when you'll have the need of one.

Alice said...

these are so beautiful, Anita!! love the buttons and the lace trim!!

Ann said...

Wowza, I love that first card...the soft colors, the white ink on kraft, and the bling are all so beautiful!

Karen B. said...

Both these cards are great, but I'm with Ann-wowza on the first! Great color scheme and stamping!

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, these are amazing!

I
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ 'em!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful cards!I still need to ink up that wonderful stamp!

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous Anita! Love the bling :)

Jill said...

So pretty! The bling is perfect! Such great cards to have on hand!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates