Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wee Memories Scappy Saturday Challenge 17

Hello everyone!  Saturday the best day of the week, is here again and it's time for another Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!  By the way Wee Memories is on facebook now!  You can "like" us using the button in the Wee Memories sidebar, or go to the page here.

And other exciting news is that we have a guest designer for the month of August, Courtney Lee make sure to check her wonderful blog out!

I am quite excited about this weeks challenge, it's my favorite, butterflies!  I love butterflies and find myself owning A LOT of butterfly stamps, dies, etc and even more on my wish list!

We have a great sponsor this week, The Gilded Bee  she has some gorgeous paper stuff, make sure to check her out!  I very much enjoyed looking through her store, I love the butterflies and her flowers and she has the cutest tags!  And the lucky winner will receive some of her butterflies! 

Here is my card:


I have had this card idea in my head for a little while.  I inked only a part of the Hero Arts cling dots and stamped it.  I thought it would be different to stitch the hello and stamped it on a post it note and than pierced it and than hand sewed it.  It was not as easy as I thought it was!  I stamped and colored the butterflies from Antique Engravings set by HA with my prisma and derwent pencils!


The deadline for entries Thursday, 12 August 2010 at 11.59pm PST. I would love for you to play along with us!  I can't wait to see what you create!  For more inspiration click here to see the lovely creations from the design team members. 
I wanted to say a special thank you to all of you who left me such sweet comments on my anniversary!  I loved sharing my photos and story with you!  Your comments made me feel so happy, and brought tears to my eyes.  I am so blessed by you.  We had a great day together, it was nice to be able to spend time alone and celebrate 8 years!  The kids had a great night at my inlaws, which is wonderful as it was Carter's first night away!  

The rest of this week has been pretty good.  We went to a few more splash and wading pools. And I worked 3 evenings!  They are short staffed at the children's clothing store and had a crazy sale so I went in.  It's okay as Chad was home with the kids and I am enjoying making my own money for my upcoming trip to Scrapfest in September in Minneapolis!  I want to be able to shop shop shop!  This weekend we have a birthday party to attend as a family and in the works is a girl night!  I hope you have an amazing weekend!

20 comments:

Laurel said...

Very nice, love the stitching!

Barb said...

Love the way you used only a portion of the Cling Dots, Anita! Your butterflies are so pretty and that is such a fun way to add the sentiment!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Anita, this is so pretty! Love it!

Virginia L. said...

How AWESOME!! Love your flossed sentiment!! And the butterflies are gorgeous! You have such a beautiful style, Anita!

Dawn T said...

LOVE BUTTERFLIES TOO!!! - and your card is so awesome Anita. Your colouring is stunning

Alice said...

beautiful butterflies and i love your hand stitched hello!! lovely card!

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

gGrgeous card, Anita! I love all of the fabulous details-the stitched hello is so sweet!

Rosemary said...

a beautiful card, anita! the butterflies are just gorgeous!

Lin said...

Love your design, Anita! The partial stamping of the dots and your stitching really make it unique!

jintyoo7 said...

Fantastic card, love the sewn "hello" adds such a unique dimension to the sentiment :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

So pretty! Love the varied colors on your gorgeous butterflies!

Ann said...

Wowza, those butterflies are gorgeous!

Michele Gross said...

So pretty Anita! Love your stitched sentiment :)

Anonymous said...

Anita this is gorgeous! I love how you stitched the hello part of the sentiment - such a beautiful card!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your butterflies are so pretty! What a great card Anita! Also, Happy anniversary! I know I'm late, but I just looked through your pics. What a beautiful couple you were and still are! Gorgeous dress!

Ayana Posadas said...

Love those butterflies.. and the stitching is such a unique touch! Very pretty card, Anita! :)

Jill said...

Love, love, LOVE the stitching! Such an awesome idea!

Chris said...

Your butterflies are colored beautifully!

Jenny said...

Wonderful card, love it!! :) :) :) :) :) so pretty!! thanks for all you do

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card Anita! I love your design and colours! The butterflies look fantastic and such a brilliant idea to stitch the sentiment - it looks fab!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates