Saturday, August 14, 2010

Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge 18

Happy weekend!  Hope that this one is a great one for you!  The weather is not great over here, it's cool and rainy and humid.  Oh well we did spend a lot of time outside the past couple of weeks.  And what's better on a rainy day to do than go shopping?  And I am going to shop for my two favorite things: children's clothes and papercrafts items!  :>  Ariel has been gone for 2 nights at the cabin with my inlaws and her girl cousins, and comes home later!  So it's just me an my little boy Carter.  Should be interesting!

Today I am here with another Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!  We have a terrific sponsor this week Oh My Crafts!  And the prize is amazing, a Cuttlebug 10 pack to our winner! 
The challenge this week is Buttons, Brads, and Bling!  Who doesn't love one or all of those?  You can use one, two or all of them!  I decided to use buttons as I am a button girl.  I just love them!  Here is my card:


All Hero Arts on this card! I hand stitched the stems, I don't know I just seem to be into stitching these days!  :>  I also was finally able to master tying the bow with the tails to the side, not to the bottom like I normally do.  I tie my bows upside down which meant that any video I watched or friends showing me how to do it didn't help!  The buttons are all from different places, I was so happy to find the orange one that it matched my pp it's from the stash my mom gave me, the pink is PTI, the blue and grey is Making Memories!  The pp is one of my fav's (I love stripe pp) from Kauser.  I also have to say that I am very much enjoying gray these days, almost as much as my beloved kraft!

I really hope that you will join us and play this week!  I cannot wait to see your creations!  Make sure to go to the Wee Memories blog to see more wonderful creations from my fabulous DT members.  What a creative bunch of ladies, so lucky to be DT with them!   And by the way, make sure to check back on Monday.  I may just have a giveaway...

24 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So love this card!!

Laurel said...

So sweet, love it!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful!

Anne said...

Wonderful card Anita- love your adorable button flowers- have fun shopping too!

Ayana Posadas said...

I really love the layout of this card, Anita. So pretty!

Michele Gross said...

Oh my goodness! I love this! The little button flowers are precious!! Its so fun getting to see what everyone does with the challenge :)

Ann said...

SO cute! I love the colors!

Dawn T said...

I LOVE this one Anita. Such a pretty card Your stitching is awesome. You certainly do buttons well.... enjoy your Carter time. And thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. I really appreciate it.

T. Sanderson said...

Cute Card. when you said you were a "button girl" I was just skimming and read it a "Button Glutten" which would possibly also be true ;)

Barb said...

Adorable card, Anita! Love the gray with that bright pink bow! And your stitched flower stems are so cute!

Kathy (krolski) said...

This card is super cute! I just love the buttons and the colors you've chosen.

Liz Weber said...

Hi Anita, just LOVE how you used the buttons as flowers, they look so pretty. Love the design of your pretty card.

Jill said...

This is SUPER cute! Love your colors and the stitched stems is AWESOME with the buttons!

Vanessa said...

This is so beautiful!! Love it, Anita!

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card Anita! Beautiful design and colours! I love your button flowers with the stitched stems and tiny leaves! Hope you had fun shopping!

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Love this, Anita! I am a button girl, too, lol. Those button flowers look so perfect with the text paper. Perfect! TFS!

Angi Barrs said...

Love the splash of hot pink on the bow :)

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Cute & fun card, Anita! The colors are perfect!

Jennifer Juniper said...

I love the 3-D details - the button flowers are darling!

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is so, so sweet, loving all the colors and the sweet flowers!

Kate said...

Buttons are my favorite too. I like the card layout and colors

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the printed background, I'm impressed that you stitched the stems.

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous Anita! Love those buttons and the cute pp! :)

Alice said...

this is so cute, Anita! love the stitched stems!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates