Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Today is my husband Chad and my 8th wedding anniversary!  I remember my wedding day fondly, I couldn't wait to marry Chad!  I loved my wedding, and I enjoyed planning it!  I am thankful for my marriage.  I love married life, some days I am sure you know it's not easy but having a partner someone you can build a life with and a family is the best.  Chad is the perfect person for me, he understands me and balances me out.  I love being with him. 

I love hearing and reading people's stories of how they met and fell in love so I will share a bit of our story.  Chad and I met when I was in my first year of university, I was 18, at a college and career event at our church.  He pretty much was crazy about me right away and we were friends, we dated on and off and all that fun.  I was a little nervous and not good at dating as Chad was my first boyfriend, my first kiss!  A lot of people were surprised by us being together,  as we are total opposites.  Chad was quieter and shy while I was anything but!  For us it worked, and still does!

I made Chad a card:


I used my new Hero Arts stamp set for this card and a sentiment from another, I love this sentiment!
Here are some photos from our wedding, they aren't the best quality as they were scanned:




Last night I went looking on my computer for these photos.  As I looked I also went through many other photo's from our marriage.  I saw pictures of us on our honeymoon, of trips, just us together all sorts!  I also looked through photos of Ariel as a baby and saw us as we grew into a bigger family with the addition of Carter.  I am truly blessed with my marriage these past 8 years and I look forward to even more.  Chad I love you forever, and I would marry you again today.  (Now wouldn't that be fun, I would love to buy another dress!) 

I am excited as tonight my inlaws are taking the kids for the night!  Chad and I are going on a date.  We still haven't seen Eclipse (can't believe that!) so we are off to see that and than something else.  I look forward to spending time with just him, and waking up on my own not to two kids!  This is the first time in almost 2 years we have had the night to ourselves, I hope Carter does well!

23 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Happy Anniversary and wow... what gorgeous pictures! You are beautiful! Awesome card too! :)

CanadianScraps43 said...

Happy Anniversary Anita! These moments are so special and I pray God's blessing on your marriage and your family. Your an inspiration to all of us at HA Flickr Group and want to say thanks for being in the Paper Crafting World. Hugs. Your card is so whimiscal and cute.

Anne said...

Happy anniversary Anita- so glad you are getting out on a date tonight- those moments are rare when you have little ones. Your card is fabulous and thanks for sharing your pretty wedding photos!Enjoy your special day!

Barb said...

My goodness you made a beautiful bride! So glad you shared these photos, Anita! Love the card you made for Chad! Happy Anniversary to both of you! Have fun tonight!

Virginia L. said...

Happy 8th Anniversary, Anita and chad!! Love looking at your wedding photos and you two are such a cute couple! Have a fantastic time celebratiing your anniversary! Love your butterfly card...always full of lovely details and touches. So YOU, Anita!!

Virginia L. said...

Sorry... I meant flower card (LOL)!! I always like your color combo :)

Dawn T said...

Happy Anniversary Anita and Chad. What a lovely couple you were on your wedding day. Love the card you made for him. just so beautiful and the sentiment is perfect. Enjoy your Date!!!

Alice said...

Happy Anniversary!!! thank you for sharing the beautiful photos for your wedding!! you are a beautiful couple! =) you card is so pretty, too! that is the perfect sentiment for this!! have a fantastic date!!

Rosemary said...

lovely card, anita! happy anniversary.. i love the picture of you, your husband and the wedding party jumping up in the air!

Kathy said...

Wow Anita so happy I didn't miss these stunning and special photos!! Love them all and what a beautiful couple you are! Love the card too!
Hugs,kathy

Anonymous said...

Aww your photos are so gorgeous Anita! Happy Anniversary to both of you! Your card is beautiful too! Hope you have a great night :)

alexandra s.m. said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
Love your card and your beautiful pictures.
Thank you for sharing your story ;-)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my goodness, so love reading this post! A Big anniversary wish to you and Chad! Wow, what a fun history you have with him and you look GORGEOUS in that dress! So happy for you and your take on married life, such a great attitude you have!

Tomo H. said...

Happy anniversary, Anita! Loved to read and see your post. You two are so beautiful! Your card is so pretty!
Thanks so much Anita for telling me about the HA's August theme the other day. After noticed here, I linked your blog from my blog post with my appreciation to you.
Have a great week! Tomo

ivy said...

such beautiful photos! just beautiful! congratulations on your 8th anniversary!

stampingandstitching said...

Belated Happy Anniversary Anita! It was lovely to read your story and see the gorgeous photos from your wedding day! I hope you had a fantastic evening. Your card is gorgeous and I'm sure Chad must have loved it!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Beautiful card and beautiful wedding pics!

Char Dobson said...

Happy Anniversary Chad & Anita! Hope you have something extra special planned to celebrate.

Jill said...

Happy Anniversary! Such a lovely post!!! Great wedding pics- absolutely stunning! Love your card, too! Love the horizontal design! Hope you have lots of fun on your kid-free date night!

Monika Reeck said...

Anita Happy Anniversary...love your black n white Photo soo adorable and great Couple and you look soo pretty on the dress in white...great card too....hugs

Hannah said...

Happy anniversary anita!! thanks for sharing your treasured photos. hope your day was like a fairy tale :) hugs, hannah

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card!

Ayana Posadas said...

I sure hope you had a fabulous 8th wedding anniversary!!!! Your card is beautiful! And oh my goodness... those wedding pictures are stunning!!! I loved looking at them! Thanks so much for sharing your special day with us, Anita! :)

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates