Friday, April 26, 2013

Simply Amazing Watercolour Card!

Hello Crafty Friends!  It's Friday!  YAY!  We have a fun weekend ahead of us!  So thankful for sunny skies and the warmest day so far this Spring!  Yay for that!  Today I am popping in with a card I made for The Wonder of Watercolour challenge at Moxie Fab World!  I love watercolor and thought it would be fun to play with Hero Arts Looped Flower background! I stamped and heat embossed white powder the background onto some watercolor paper. I pulled out three Tattered Angels Spray Mist- Pink Poodle (light pink) Dutch Tulip (darker pink) and Thatched Roof Cottage (yellow) and sprayed away!  Because of the heavy watercolor paper I was able to spray a lot and play with it and spray more than once.  It was so fun!


I love how it turned out!  It blended so beautifully!  I decided to focus on the lovely backgound and just added a sentiment strip, love this little sentiment set from WPlus9 Design Studio I Quite Like You! Also added some enamel dots! It's also quite sparkly you can sorta see it in this photo:


I am also entering this card into Simon Says Stamp Challenge since it's Anything Goes!

This week was a great week full of family fun!  Tuesday Carter was invited to a glow bowling party, since he's still little and it involved bowling balls I stayed!  Chad and Ariel showed up early to pick us up (which was fine) they bowled too!  We all had so much fun bowling!  I think Carter is finally trustable with a bowling ball!  Yay!  Carter is so excited it's only recently that his friends have started having just boy birthday parties.  After asking Ariel for a long time Can I come too ? To the parties she was invited to he gets to go to a party that she can't come too, and he really likes to tell her about that!  LOL  He has one next Sunday too at Petland and Ariel is quite jealous! Took a trip to Ikea on Wednesday and the kids love going in the Smalland there, they ask for it!  Thursday Chad and I worked in the morning and since both kids were in school we had an afternoon date and went to see Oblivion.  Next time before Chad quickly buys tickets for a movie I won't say yes because Tom Cruise is in it!  Not the biggest Sci-Fi fan over here.  I went for a few walks around the theatre, I closed my eyes and plugged my ears and told Chad sorry but I am playing with the iphone there is hardly anyone here and I can't focus on this movie!  (I did hide the phone under the jacket so it wasn't that glaring) I like suspense movies but future suspense movies scare me!  Very much so!  Oh well it was a good movie.  And hopefully all the random questions I've been asking Chad about the movie is enough to remind him not to bring me to a movie like that again!

That's it for me!  Hope you have a weekend to remember!

21 comments:

Alice said...

such a beauty, Anita!! love love the background. gorgeous card! hope you have a wonderful weekend! =)

Kerry said...

Oh so pretty! And such lovely Spring colors too!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful watercolours!!

Nina Yang said...

This card makes happy, Anita!

Barb said...

Those soft colors look so pretty, Anita! Beautiful card!

Lynn said...

Your watercoloring looks beautiful!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful background, Anita! Glad to hear you are finally getting some spring weather, too.

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous Anita! The misting blends together so beautifully, and I so love that sentiment set!

Trinh said...

What a beauty, Anita! I love how you created that background; just gorgeous!

We are having a birthday party for my DD tomorrow at an English tea room. Should be lots of fun! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kelly Booth said...

So Pretty Anita I LOVE the colors you used too!!

Dawn T said...

What a delightful card Anita. Love the colours together.

joy said...

This is one of my favorite backgrounds and I love the colors you used - just gorgeous, Anita!

~amy~ said...

♡♡super pretty♡♡

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous card, Anita! I LOVE the colors and fabulous design! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Taheerah said...

This is gorgeous Anita! I can't believe that was done with sprays - the colours have blended so perfectly! Love the embossed background too, and that sentiment!!

Anonymous said...

у нас на данном веб-блоге вы можете взглянуть на огромный ассортимент интересных статей про [url=http://suizaoutfitters.com/]капитальный ремонт[/url].

Nat said...

hi Anita :) the variation of colours is beautiful. I love this Spring feel to your design!

Karen Dunbrook said...

very pretty...

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Anita! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on your Moxie mention, Anita! What a fabulous card!

Wida said...

The card is yummy, why wouldn't it be given a shout out!? Way to go Anita!!!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates