Friday, April 12, 2013

Alphabet Hi!

Hello!  And it's Friday!  Yay!  We have a busy but should be fun weekend ahead of us!  Today I wanted to pop in and share a card I made with the Hero arts Fancy Die, Upper Case Alphabet!  I got this die a while ago now and have used it but not as a whole.  What do you do with your alphabet dies?  Do you break them apart of keep them together?  I asked this question on facebook and a lot of the answers were to keep it together and make a few cards like that before cutting it up.  So I listened, than I made nothing of it together!  LOL  Finally I got an idea.  I think I may cut it up now, I really would like to do some negative word cutting and you have to break it up to do that.  I am happy that I waited though and did make a card with the whole alphabet:



Pretty CAS I simply die cut the whole alphabet than die cut again the HI with Hawaiian Shores blue and added a strip of the Hblue at the bottom and some twine!  I made the card was happy with it took photos went to blog and realized hey maybe I should add all the little middle pieces!  Of course I had thrown them all away so I die cut it again (not a problem as the act of die cutting is so fun!) And fixed my card!

Fitting to make a alphabet card when I've been working on the alphabet with Carter everyday!  He's doing great!  But the more we read SuperHero ABC's the more it will stay put in his head, right?

Well that's it for me!  I am still feeling a bit under the weather so the couch and my kobo are quite appealing right now! 

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is such a fun card!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Great card! Love how you used the die!

Annette Allen said...

I love this card...cool design..

Cindy C. said...

So fun!! I've got that die too and was wondering if I should break it up 'cause I don't think I will use all the letters each time I die cut them. But then I am afraid that the individual letter may get lost if I break them apart!! Hmm... to break or not to break.. I think you want the latter part of this. :) Have a great weekend Anita!

Taheerah said...

I love cards like this. :-) Great design Anita, love that you included the punctuation at the bottom!

Miriam Prantner said...

So fun, love this font and love that blue you chose as the highlight color!

Dawn T said...

What a lovely card Anita. I did something similar with my dies but still have about 3 bits waiting to be made up.

Good Timing said...

Awesome idea!! Love it. :)

Leigh Penner said...

Sweet card, Anita!
I break mine up to save on the cardstock I cut out as well as for creating words using the negative of the diecuts.

Nat said...

totally fun, lovin this cheery design!! :)

Robin K. said...

Love your fun design Anita! I hope you're feeling better:)

Greta said...

LOVE this card, Anita! I need alphabet dies that can be taken apart as my old ones are just in a row--can't pick & choose. The twine is the perfect touch--great color combo!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates