Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Flower and some Chevron

Hello!  Happy Wednesday!  Enjoyed a morning out with Carter at play group!  Not feeling my best so relaxing on the couch, well as much as I can with a busy 4 year old!  Although he ran around A LOT this morning so cuddling seems to be something he wants!  Today I am popping in with a card for CASual Friday's challenge of Chevron's and Flowers!  Did they say FLOWERS?  I've been enjoying blog land I think almost everyone is taking part in this challenge!  Here is my card:



I actually made this card for a dear crafty friend who hasn't been feeling too well.  Mailed it yesterday! I was about to pull out pink and than changed my mind and remembered how pretty yellow is with grey!  All Hero Arts stamps for this:  Zig Zag for the chevron (in CTMH slate) scalloped flower (in HA's butterball) Tropical leaf (moss green by colorbox)  and Feel better soon sentiment!  Added a strip of HA's layering paper and there you go.  I was actually going to put the zig zag on the bottom but the sentiment would not fit and it didn't work so I swapped it around! 

I am also entering this card into this week's Simon Says Challenge of April Showers and/or Spring Flowers!  I've got flowers down pat!

I have a funny story for you.  Last night I was reading the new Jane Green book Family Pictures on my kobo.  The book went to page 306 on it, and it was getting late but than I noticed I was on page 290 well 16 pages I've got to finish this book.  I keep reading for a while...  And than noticed I was on page 273, huh?  Either a) I was so tired I misread the book numbers b) my kobo played a game on me!  It may really have been both but I quickly thought what 30 pages?  I am going to bed.  :>

A friend also asked me to make a brooch for someone so I made this lovely teal one, and will add it to my shop!


Looks great on my red jacket, I think I will make one for me too! 
Until next time!

17 comments:

chera said...

pretty!!!

Taheerah said...

This is lovely Anita! You know I am a sucker for chevrons but it's the big yellow bloom that really catches my eye this time - it is gorgeous!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Great CAS design! Love the colors!

Cindy C. said...

Gorgeous CAS card Anita!!

joy said...

Pretty card and a very pretty brooch, too! Love that you've displayed it on the E.T.! I have a collection of them. :-)

Miriam Prantner said...

Great card! Love the font on the sentiment, and I think the yellow was definitely the right choice!

Lindsey said...

Great card, Anita! Perfect use of the sketch. I'm working on my own at the moment. ;) Sweet flower brooch, too.

Nat said...

love your handmade brooch, so beautiful in blue! Awesome card too, lovin your style :)

~amy~ said...

Great card....love the color combo!!! Love the pin!!!

Dawn T said...

just love the yellow and grey together Anita. Love your brooch as well. Beautifully done.

Alex said...

Your card look gorgeous!!!
Good luck to the challenge!

If you wish, come on my blog ... If you want, you can become a Member? Please! ... I'd be honored

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh what bold and graphic goodness, Anita! Glad you reached for that yellow, it's just smashing with the gray! And your broach looks wonderful on your coat ... hope you get to make another one : ) Thanks for playing with the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Jingle said...

Anita, your card is super pretty! I love the grey and yellow! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Blog!

Greta said...

Classic, beautiful card, Anita! I did gray & yellow, too--great minds think alike! The brooch is beautiful--made of felt, right? I'm really loving felt flowers these days. Funny story, too.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Anita, love its design and colours.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Good Timing said...

I love chevron! The colours are great too. Wonderful job. And you already know I love that pic of you with the brooch! Xo

Chark said...

great pin and colors of red and this blue!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates