Monday, April 1, 2013

My Favorite!

Hello!  It's Easter Monday!  Hope you had a wonderful Easter!  Today the kids didn't have school as they attend a Christian school (Easter Monday is an approved religious holiday!)  It's great as Easter is always busy!  We enjoyed a morning at home where I crafted a bit (finding I craft the best in the morning now) and than we spent the afternoon at the Children's Museum (they love it there!) Today I made this spring card:

I love this color combo! I started by slightly inking up the edges of the card with Hero arts Tide Pool ink.  Than  I die cut Chloe's Stem by Memory Box with bright yellow bazill cardstock and Hawaiian shores cardstock by PTI.  The polka dots stamped about is from Sweet Stamp Shops Kiss Me set and the sentiment is from Mama's Elephant!  I used Hero arts Wet Cement and Tide Pool inks along with Memento's Dandelion!   And this may be my first card using washi.  Yes I did say my first card  While I've had washi for a while I haven't used it.  Not sure why.  BUT on Saturday while browsing a local selling site I happened to see someone selling a whole bunch of washi at a great price.  And who could resisit? 

And since this is my first card using washi I may as well enter it into Cath's Moxie Fab World the Washi Tape Challenge!  Oh and also entering this into Simon Says Stamps Anything Goes challenge, I know I am not the only one who dreams of winning that prize!

Last week we went and had Spring photos of the kids in there Easter clothes!  Wow they turned out amazing!  Here is a snap I took of the photo:

I started this blog the day before Carter turned one and he is 4 and a half already!  Ariel is 7 and almost a half so I know for some of you you can really see how they are growing up and thinking how fast it is!  It really is!  Chad and I really saw it when looking at the proofs we kept commenting on how much older they looked!  I love this photo it really is the sweetest!

11 comments:

Taheerah said...

Wonderful card Anita! Love the colour scheme!! Your first card with washi tape though? For shame!!

Annette Allen said...

aww sounds like a great Easter at your home.. Love your card and great deal on the washi tape.. woohoo great find..

adorable picture..

Lisa Carroll said...

Anita, your card is beautiful! So modern and fun... LOVE the colors, too! Thank you for joining us in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xxo

PS - you're kids are GORGEOUS! They do grow up so fast. :)

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Anita. As you used washi you should enter it into our challenge at Die Cut Divas April challenge.
Love the photo of your two kidlets. They are just adorable.

joy said...

Love your card; the color combo is so pretty. I have that die on my wish list.

Your children are beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing this sweet photo.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Anita! Thanks for linking this up to the Washi Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Lindsey said...

Beautiful spring card! Washi... once you start, you may not stop. :D

Greta said...

Fun, fun card, Anita! Terrific color combo & use of all the images! What an incredible picture of your little people--cute beyond words!

Nat said...

beautiful card Anita love the Spring feel. Hope your Easter was good. Smiles to you!

Anonymous said...

The other day, while I was at work, my sister stole my iPad and tested
to see if it can survive a forty foot drop, just so she can
be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views.
I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it with someone!



Look into my website ... Methadone Clinics Near

chera said...

been eyeing that die....might "need" it! :)

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates