Friday, December 16, 2011

Yarn and Felt Flower Wreath and a winner!

Hello!  Happy past the middle of December Christmas is coming closer!  I hope that you aren't suffering from the hustle and bustle of the season but instead are enjoying it!  I know that it can be hard though!  I am just about done my shopping.  I know what I am going to buy (well mostly Ariel is harder) and just have to go get it!  It's the going to buy it that I dread!  :>

I am making a few gifts this year though!  And I have to say that I absolutely love it!  I enjoy it so much more than shopping, and I really like shopping!  We celebrate Chad's mother's birthday this past weekend and I made her gift!  I saw on Pintrest wreaths made from yarn and felt flowers.  I looked at LOTS of them and came up with my own!  It was so fun to make!  


I lucked out because on my way to buying the supplies at Michaels I stopped in at our dollarama and they had great chenille yarn in this off white color!  For $1!  :>  I went with a jewel red, light grey and charcoal grey because my MIL's door is brown so it will stand out, and because it's winter colors so that it can be displayed all winter not just Christmas!  :>  The big red flower took the longest to make, about an hour!  And while I made it I couldn't in vision it and really thought it was not going to turn out.  I was so happy when it did!  The pearls are leftover from a few months ago when I tried to make a ribbon and pearl necklace.  So glad I remembered them because I feel that it's the perfect touch for the wreath!  Chad's grandmother really liked the wreath too so I am working on one for her as a Christmas gift!  I have to have it done by Sunday as we celebrate with her than!

I want to say thank you so much for all your sweet Birthday wishes last week!  I had such a great day with friends and family! I used random.org to figure out who the winner of the giveaway was but can't figure out how to post it!  The winner of the Hero Arts set Big Ticket is:
CinnamonSally said...
Happy Birthday Anita. I hope you had a fabulous day!! WOW WOW WOW I love your wreath it was definately worth all the hard work. It looks stunning in your hall!!!!!!
Congrats Sally!  I am pretty sure that I have you address already but maybe send it again!  :>
I did want to share a cute photo Chad captured of the kids and me on my Birthday.  We were out to eat at a new restaurant that served intresting pizza cooked over coals! 
I am SO blessed, boy do I ever love them!  Oh and here is a photo of me at my birthday dinner with friends:
Well I better go!  Carter is napping and I am so enjoying a quiet house!  Gotta get my craft on!

10 comments:

Dawn T said...

You wreath is amazing Anita. And what lovely pic's from your birthday.

Barb said...

Wow! I love your wreath, Anita! It turned out so beautifully! Fab photos too! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful wreath, Anita! LOVE those colors! I had the idea for a fall one much like it, but the supplies are still setting in my craft space. I just ran out of time! And happy birthday photos, too! LOVE it!

Good Timing said...

Love the wreath! You are so talented!

Lynn said...

The wreath is absolutely stunning! I'm sure that your mother-in-law absolutely loved it Anita!

ivy said...

absolutely gorgeous!! i love your pretty flowers too!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow! Your wreaths look absolutely amazing! What a gorgeous project this holiday season!

Trinh said...

Wow, that wreath is gorgeous!! Wonderful photos from your birthday!

ivy said...

another gorgeous wreath! i really love that big red flower...looks like a dahlia flower! well worth the time it took you to make!

CinnamonSally said...

Amazing wreath Anita the flowers are gorgeous.

Thank you so much for picking my name in you candy giveaway, I have emailed you.

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates