Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Holiday Photos and more Wreaths!

Hello!  I hope that you had an amazing Christmas!  We sure did!  We had a great time celebrating with family the birth of our savior!  It was busy but great and I won't lie, I am glad that it's over!  We have been enjoying time at home now recuperating after such a busy time.  I know that I may have overdone it before with wrapping gifts, baking, and all the gifts that I made.  I am trying to take it easy today but other projects that I have in mind are calling my name!

I want to share my Christmas card with you.  I did photo cards but also gave handmade cards to family.  I even ran out of handmade cards and made some last minute!

I'll share some favorites from the photo session later.  I wanted to share two wreaths that I made for friends who asked me to make them one, the first is a paper flower wreath much like the one that I made for me and shared here.  She asked me to make it in white to match her decor and I think it turned out so beautiful:

I won't lie it took a long time to make, I won't tell you the total time but gluing on the flowers and making a few extra to fit took over 3 hours!  But when you enjoy what your doing it's worth it!  I've considered that if I make more to get a rolled flower die but most of the flowers I make for these wreaths are around 5 inches around and the dies are much smaller. I made a yarn and felt flower wreath for a friend that she was giving her mom:


I also made my mom one almost the same as it would work well with her home.  She loved it! 

Here are some photos from the past few days, on Friday the 23rd we made sugar cookies Ariel and Carter loved them.  I think you can sorta see what Ariel will look like as a teenager in this photo:

Here are a few opening present photos. Carter always stops and smiles really nice for photos when he is opening presents!  I think that next year's family photo may be of us holding presents or something!

At Chad's parents:



See that cookie monster?  It's all Carter talked about!  All day long he kept mentioning it!  It took me a week of listening to him asking me for cookie monster to figure out what he was talking about!  I thought he meant he wanted to eat cookies like cookies monster, or read his cookie monster book!  Ariel finally told us that he wanted this toy!  LOL  Trust me there were days that he asked so much I was close to giving it to him early!  :>

Well that's it from me today!  Hope your enjoying this time off!  It's slow time for Chad so were enjoying family time at home!

8 comments:

Dawn T said...

looks like a fun day and your family photos are wonderful. Love your wreaths... and yes a die would be too small... but so worth you effort making these beauties. Wishing you a very prosperous 2012.

Barb said...

Your wreaths are so gorgeous, Anita! Love all the photos too! Looks like such a wonderful Christmas! (I'm glad it's over too.) Hugs! :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Hi Anita. I love all the photos. Your photo card is adorable! And your wreaths are beautiful!!

Trinh said...

Those wreaths are beautiful, Anita! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas & I can see why you are glad it's over. Hope your new year is less hectic

Anne said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas and I have to say again your kids are SO DARN CUTE!! LOVE your wreaths Anita- just beautiful :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Looks like your holiday was very blessed! That is one PERFECT holiday photo, you all look so gorgeous! So fun to see the kids enjoying this time of the year especially! Love your handmade wreaths!

Leigh Penner said...

It was so nice to meet you yesterday and to chat! My husband had been waiting in the van with our two boys and was wondering what took me so long in the store!!
The wreaths you made are gorgeous and I love your family photo card!

Virginia L. said...

Thanks for sharing these lovely family photos! Your wreaths are so beautiful, Anita! You have to make more :)

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates