Monday, December 19, 2011

Sparkly Bird in a Tree and Another Wreath!

Hello!  Happy Monday!  I made it through the weekend alive!  :>  Wow what a busy weekend.  It's hard for me to even remember all the gatherings and such!  I am so loving having a more handmade Christmas but the work needed to have one and keep up with everything else....  Oh well I made it and I finished my projects that I needed for yesterday in time! 

I am here late with the current Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday challenge.  Note to self when you start writing a blog post just finish it so that your not late!  Opps!  This week our challenge is running for two weeks which is perfect since the upcoming weekend in Christmas!  And our challenge is easy it's ANYTHING GOES!  So if your crafting last minute for the holidays or after just to relax please share with us!

Today I have to share with you one of my favorite Christmas cards! 


I stamped and embossed with gliterry powder by Ranger the Merriest Wishes stamp.  I love this silhouette image all glittery!  I went with a clean look with the rest of the card by mating it with a silver paper, and stamping the magical background with pumice stone distress ink by TH.  I loved making this card so much I am working on 8  more of them!  Almost done!

This weekend I also worked on two wreaths, the first one I'll share tomorrow but today I'll share the yarn and felt flower one that I made as gift for Chad's grandmother.  She loved the one that I made for Chad's mom.  And we had a big extended family gathering with her last night so I need to have it done for than!  Here it is:



Chad's grandma lives in a condo and has a white door so I wanted the base to have color rather than cream like my other. First I had a hard time picking the colors (didn't help that Michaels sells out of felt pronto, and didn't feel like driving to fabric land!) I wanted colored that would work all winter. Than I had a hard time deciding on flowers which ones to make, I had a certain one that I wanted to make took me a long time of searching to find a tutorial finally did and when I made one it was a flop!  Finally settled on these and am happy with how it turned out!  And on time too!  She loved it!  These wreaths are pretty simple to make so if your looking for a handmade gift idea I totally recommend them!  I think I may make my mom one too!  Now to actually find a wreathform it seems like Michaels is the only place but they are cleared out!

Well I better be off and do some cleaning around here!  I am happily spending the day at home!  I may start on a few other projects!  I hope you check out the Wee Memories Blog and check out the challenge and the fellow talented DT's creations!

8 comments:

Lin said...

Another beautiful wreath, Anita - love the colors you chose for this one! And your card matches it, too!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome projects dearie!!!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Oh my, your card is stunning Anita! Wow! And your wreaths are so pretty too!

Annette Allen said...

beautiful card and that wreath is so amazing...love them..

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful amount of shimmer on your card! Your wreaths are all so lovely, what a fun new home decor project you've embarked on!

Dawn T said...

What a stunning card Anita. And I love the wreaths you making for your family. Very clever.

ivy said...

i love this one anita! and i think it would work hanging year round!! you've inspired me to go make one!

Lisa Elton said...

I just Love this pretty shimmery card Anita! So wintery and cheerful! Adn just don't get me started on the wreath...GORGEOUS!!!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates