Saturday, December 31, 2011

Favorites from 2011

I love seeing my friends posts celebrating there favorite cards of 2011 so I thought I would do the same!  I am deciding this as I write this post so I am looking forward to hunting through my cards to find my favorites!  (BTW New challenge post for Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday challenge underneath..)

2011 was a great crafting year for me!  I was beyond blessed and so happy to have been asked to be a Hero Arts Hostess!  I was part of an amazing group of 5 talented ladies from February through April!  It was a great three months.  One of my favorite cards is actually the one that they introduced me as one of the apron ladies on the Hero Arts blog here.  I wanted a fun card using one of my favorite color combos.  You don't know how much thought I put into this card I made several versions and emailed my local crafty friends for advice!

This is another favorite card of mine, not only do I love the stamp but it's my first time trying stamp kissing technique and I loved doing it!

It may be odd to have a sympathy card as a favorite from 2011 but it is!

This card uses my favorite twine by the Twinery!  I not only made one of these butterflies I made 2 since Ariel took the first one and I couldn't find it!  :>  (Later on I found it in her crafty bag!)

This has to be one of my favorite cards because I made it on my first video ever, and for Hero Arts!  You can see the video here.  About a week after the video going up I went to look at it and almost fell off my chair when I saw that it had 5,500 hits! I couldn't believe it!  Talk about shocked!

With that said when I made my next video for Hero Arts I was beyond nervous!  Could you tell?  I did three cards in that video and this one is my favorite of them, you can see the video here.

This card for sure is one of my favorites, I made it as my last card saying thank you being a hostess and it was shared on the HA blog.  I think this stamp set nd Basic Grey papers is my favorite that they released in 2011!!

This is my favorite Mother's Day card that I made:

This is a card that is very me which is why it's one of my favorites:


It's getting harder and harder to choose!  I so love this one:

In July I was a guest designer for Market Street Stamps!  I love there stamps!  This isn't one of the cards that I made for that but one I made later with there stamps that I love!

I was also a guest designer for GCD Studios in November!  I love there products and this was my favorite card I made for them:

The invites that I made for Ariel's birthday are so my favorite not because I slaved away on them of anything:

This is one of my favorite Christmas cards that I made this year, I made it for my first class that I taught this past November!

And this is another one of my favorite holiday cards from this year:

And there you have it!  My favorite cards from 2011!  It's been a great year for me crafty wise and I can't wait to see what 2012 holds in store!!!  I better run, the kids are gone and were heading out to party with a bunch of friends!

17 comments:

Dawn T said...

superb cards Anita. SO hard to pick with all the beauties you've made. Love all of them. Hope you enjoy your night out.

Tenia Nelson said...

Love all of your awesome cards!!! Happy 2012 girlie!!!

Good Timing said...

They are all awesome!! :) Happy New Year to you!!

Annette Allen said...

wow great collection of amazing cards...thanks for sharing them...Happy New Year.

Barb said...

Love seeing them all again, Anita! Beautiful cards - such talent! Happy New Year! :)

~amy~ said...

super awesome cards! happy new year!

Virginia L. said...

What a SUCCESSFUL year you had, Anita! Each card is gorgeous in its own special way! Wish you and family a happy 2012! All the best to you, my friend!

Trinh said...

Your cards are gorgeous, Anita! My fave would be the sympathy one; gorgeous stamping. Hope you & your family have a wonderful new year!

CanadianScraps43 said...

What a wonderful variety of creativity and beauty. Wow! So love the mixture of elegant and class to whimisical and fun. Thanks for sharing sweetie. Wishing you much happiness in this new year. Hugs.

sheila said...

Anita...2011 was a very good cardmaking year for you! Your creations are are so wonderful!

Emily Leiphart said...

Anita, you've definitely had an amazing year and I'm sure 2012 will be even better! Thanks for sharing these stunning cards again. I really do love the one with all the butterflies, the one where you said it was so 'you'. ;) Happy New Year!!

Karen said...

Such fun cards, Thanks so much for putting them all together here for us to enjoy! Many blessings to you in 2012, Happy New Year!!!!

Christiana said...

What a fabulous selection of cards, Anita! That motorcycle is still one of my very favorites of yours.

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

Wow!! fabulous cards!! i love seeing each of them, rich of techniques and ideas :)

Leigh Penner said...

What wonderful eye-candy! Thanks for sharing these fabulous cards, Anita!

~Tammy~ said...

These are all wonderful depictions of your fabulous style!

Lisa K said...

LOVE your cards! I especially like the motorcycle one with the washer as an accent. I remember watching that video several months ago. Now I just need to find some washers and give it a try. Thanks for sharing those great ideas.

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates