Saturday, May 28, 2011

Insiped by Pinterest

Hello and a Happy Saturday to you!  I hope that you are having a great weekend so far!  Last Saturday I shared about how I woke up to find my daughter cutting up my cardstock and wanting to keep it all, well yesterday I woke up to her quite upset she had accidentally pulled down my standing drawer bin that's full of my crafty items!  A lot of my papers and random crafty items were all over the floor! She was scared that I was upset but really I don't want her to get hurt!  She was in the drawers digging and later asking me if she could have this?  She is going through my stash my friends!  Luckily I do have a lot of things that I don't use anymore.

I am here a bit late with my Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday post.  We had a garage sale today and we have been so busy getting ready for it.  I am so glad that it's over!  We did better than we thought so that is really nice!  This week our sponsor is May Arts!  I love May Arts ribbon as I am sure many of you do too!  >



Our challenge this week is Etsy or Pinterest Inspired!  I don't have a Pinterest account but I went to look on there and found an inspirational photo.  I've really been feeling at a loss for crafting lately and my mojo just hasn't been there.  But when I found this photo that I really liked it all just came together.  I was inspired, I wanted to create and my idea came so quick!  Here is what got me back:

  I love the colors, I love the cleanness and I was inspired to make this:


I used all the colors but left out the beige!  I stamped the stem and the flower with pigment inks and than clear embossed them and put a doily behind it.  Added some green ruffled ribbon as "grass" it was harder to ruffle it with a thinner ribbon I found!  After no mojo lately I am really pleased with this card.  And now understanding why everyone loves Pinterst so much!

I really hope you will join us this week and play!  Our Top Hoot will win a May Arts prize pack!  And to make it even more fun for you a random winner wins a Wee Memories prize!  Please check out the Wee Memories blog for more info and to see the talented Design Team's creations!

13 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

So pretty, Anita! I can see where you were inspired! And that ribbon treatment is fantastic!

Tracey said...

Oh I SOOO LOVE this card ANita!!! THose colours are so bright and fun....beautiful design too!!!

Barb said...

Beautiful, Anita! I adore the pink and green! And it looks so pretty against the dark brown card base. Gorgeous ribbon treatment too!

Brenda said...

Stunning take on that inspiration photo Anita! Love your ribbon too! So funny about your daughter - mine loves to go through the trash can in my craft room to see what bits and pieces she can use!

~amy~ said...

super take on the inspiration..love your fun card!

Lynn said...

Love the colors in your inspiration photo...and wow the ribbon treatment is gorgeous!

Laurel said...

Love it, love the ribbon!

Dawn T said...

Glad this photo inspired you Anita... because this is a superb card. Your "grass" is stunning.. I don't know how you have the patience to ruffle your ribbon like that...

susanne said...

This is beautiful Anita! This is such a cheerful card! I LOVE your ruffled ribbon that you used for the grass!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very sweet! Love the colors you've captured from the photo inspiration, so beautiful!! I've heard of Pinterest but I think I'm purposely avoiding it, or else I will be online way too much...what am I saying, I'm already on line way too much! ;)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Beautiful card! Love your ribbon technique and the doily!

Unknown said...

Super fab colors! Love the ribbon.

Alice said...

so sweet and beautiful! love the fun ribbon treatment, too! lovely card, Anita!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates