Thursday, March 1, 2012

February Publications!

Hello!  Happy Thursday!  I am quite excited as tonight I will be going to my first Jets game!  Well this season you see the Jets are a NHL Hockey Team!  15 sad years ago the Jets left our city!  :<  And after a long awaited time our city has an NHL team!  I personally think that every bigger city in Canada should have an NHL team as we love hockey here!  Hubby and his friends were beyond lucky to get season tickets, I think they sold out in just minutes!  He has gone to a few games already this season and it's the first time I am going!  I am so excited!  When they sing the national anthem the whole arena shouts out True North when those words are sung, as the team is owned by a company called True North!  So cool!  Apparently even if you don't like hockey you will have a great time with the energy and excitement of the arena!  Chad's parents are babysitting the kids and since Ariel doesn't have school tomorrow they are sleeping over!

I am here with two cards that I had published in February!!!  They are both in Create Stamping Idea Book.   I love this magazine always have so I am beyond thrilled to have two cards in it!  They are both in the heat embossing section, what a surprise with how much heat embossing I do!  :>  Here they are:

And my second card:

When I saw the cards in the issue I was amazed by how great they looked in print!  I love it!  Seeing the props they pick how they stage the card is so cool!  And it always looks so much better how they photograph it than me!  I took a picture of this card in the issue to show you:

If I could find those ceramic aqua books to buy for my home I would!  I received a kind email from a stranger about this card!  How neat?  And special thanks to my LSS Scrapbook Cottage for calling me and letting me know they put an issue aside so I could see it!  :>

Well I am off!  I have a busy weekend ahead of me, on Sunday I will be working on bridal shower invites for my brother's fiance 100 of them!  I've invited friends to help out and so far I think there will be 5 of us.  Too bad I couldn't invite you over to help!  :>

30 comments:

Kathy (krolski) said...

Congrats Anita! Your cards are so GORGEOUS! Love how they photographed them. Wow, so pretty! Enjoy the game and have fun making the invitations. Wish I could help. :)

Kelly said...

both are gorgeous! Congratulations and have fun at the Jets!

Virginia L. said...

Wowzer!! This is absolutely fabulous, Anita! Both cards are simply stunning! Congrats to you, my friend!

jennfontaine said...

Have fun at the game tonight! I hope the Jets win and you and Chad have a great time together!

Both these cards are stunning! The colours are amazing together and the embossing was the perfect touch! It's so great to see your work being noticed-it is wonderful!

Barb said...

100 invites!? Girl, you are too much - I don't know how you do it all! Love both cards - congrats on the pubs, Anita! And you will LOVE the hockey game - my hubby and I love to go to ours - have fun! :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

These are both wonderful, such delicious colors! And yes! Love the way they match so well the colors of the background with your card, it is a beaut!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Congrats on the published cards, Anita! I love how they staged that teal one - you're right, those ceramic books are yummy! Have fun working on the bridal shower - wish I could help!!

Lin said...

Congratulations, Anita! Your cards are wonderful!

Brenda said...

Enjoy your Jets game Anita! And congrats on those publications! Love that Butterfly Kisses! I still need to use mine!

Unknown said...

these are both beautiful, but that 2nd card is my fave...just gorgeous!!! im in NB, and i was so excited when the jets came back home :) i agree with you. every major canadian city should have their own team, its just good sense!

Dawn T said...

I will have to try and get a copy of this magazine. So pleased that you made it in there Anita. Just adorable cards.

adele holcomb said...

These are both beautiful and innovative cards, but the "love and laughter" flowers are simply breathtaking! Congrats on being published!

Ruby Craft said...

I want to add my congratulations for having your beautiful cards published! I love embossing and don't do it nearly enough. Enjoy your hockey game!

Maureen Morton said...

A huge congrats on your publications! I need to check that out. Each one of these is truly lovely - that little butterfly gal is so dear; the lace and ribbon are so perfect for her. And the flowers - well, that is my favorite color and I love the dimension you created! Go, girl!

Judy1223 said...

Congratulations Anita, TWO cards published, and I can see why! Both are AWESOME!

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations, Anita! Your cards are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Anita! Both cards are gorgeous!

Kathy W said...

These are beautiful cards. I really like the butterfly girl. Thanks for sharing, and congrats on having these published.

judy said...

Congratulations, Anita on having these cards published! I especially
love the floral card with the vellum
sentiment.

judkajudi said...

congratulations on being published! The cards are stunning!

Cindy C. said...

Congrats Anita! The published cards are beautiful!!

Alice said...

awww... gorgeous cards, Anita! yummy shades of blue! congrats on the pubs, too! so excited for you! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

Trinh said...

These are stunning, Anita! A huge congrats on your pubs! So excited to see your beautiful cards in the magazines.

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Congrats on the pubs - well deserved cuz you're oh so talented!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Yay... congrats, Anita! Both cards are gorgeous. Hugs.

~Tammy~ said...

Big congrats on your publications...maybe one day I will try this publication thing...ha! Well deserved! I have seen those ceramic books in a local speciality store when I lived in Hawaii, so I know they are around.

Have fun with the hockey came! My son is loving getting acquired to it as having never been exposed to it in Hawaii. He plays street hockey all the time and loves the Washington Capitals since that is the team closest to us.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Yay Anita! Way to go girl! And thank you so much for featuring Butterfly Kisses!!! I love it!!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Chark said...

Congrats on your publication! Here's a link to etsy, which you may have seen, but since you're planning to start, thought I'd include it. (I don't have an etsy shop, but I've looked into it)
http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/?s=quit-your-day-job

ivy said...

hi anita! congrats on the pubs!! it's so great to see familiar names in that issue! my "neighbor" is clare (pg 116--of course i know my pg# by heart!).
sorry for not stopping by as often! life is crazy here!

Emily Leiphart said...

A huge congrats to you, Anita! These cards are AMAZING!!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates