Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Fun!

Hello!  I hope your having a wonderful Tuesday!  We are loving summer over here.  The weather is just comfortably hot but not sweltering hot like last week!  It's supposed to rain tonight which is needed because  my grass is hardly green even with our watering!  Hopefully the weather forecast is right for tomorrow as we have plans for the beach!

The week before last my mom and I took the kids to a kids amusement park!  We had a blast and it inspired me to make this fun card:

 I started by stamping the backround from Life of the Party Birthday by Hero Arts in various colorful inks.  Than I stamped and colored the ice cream and cotton candy images and cut them out.  Added some buttons and a resin flower and some felt ric rac.  I chose the colors for this card by the ric rac, what can I say? I really wanted to use it!  :>  Love this fun card!

I wanted to share with you some fun photos of us from our fun day at the kids amusement park.  It's the same place my parents took us as kids, and I remember loving it so! My parents were so good to us when we were kids (still are!) and took us everywhere.  My mom wanted to take my kids there too.  It was nice to be able to go during the week when it's not as busy and have another adult there!




 The kids loved it!  And so did I!  I really enjoy spending time with my kids and doing fun things!  :>  I apologize for not being around here very much.  I got offered a short pre election job here doing data entry that pays extremely well.  Between that and trying to have fun in the summer and a busy hubby working I've been quite tired.  But making some extra money for my upcoming trip in September to Scrapfest is well worth it!  :>  Trying to not work as much as they would want though, I want to be with  my kids!  

Until tomorrow when I am back with a special post!

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Anita, Love your fun card...and even more seeing your little ones happy smiles! Looks like a fabulous day!

Barb said...

Sure looks like everyone had a great time, Anita! Glad you're saving your money for Scrapfest! We'll have to hit Archiver's for some serious goodies! Can't wait to see you again! Love your adorable card! Hugs! :)

susanne said...

Anita, your card is so sweet and cheerful! I love your ice cream cones and the background paper is perfect! Oh, your wonderful pictures brought back happy memories of me taking my daughter and son and their gramma to the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) on the same kind of rides ... we did it ever year! Beautiful picture of you and your children!

kasia c. said...

Super adorable card! So bright a cheery. :)

Looks like you had a fabulous time at the amusement park. It was always a favourite place of mine as a kid too!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Anita. Love the photos of the kids. Looks like they had a fun day.

sheila said...

adorable card Anita and such cute pix with the kids. You all look like you are having a wonderful summer!

Brenda said...

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos Anita! Yes, they stay kids for such a short time, so we need to enjoy as many moments as possible! I adore your fun card and how you created your own background!

Anonymous said...

This is such a gorgeous card Anita! So fun :)

Vicky said...

Fun times! Thanks for sharing the photos! I always love getting to know my craft friends more! Kids are adorable and you all look so happy! Loved the card, great design as always!

Alice said...

such a delightful card. love love your stamped background! super card! and i LOVE all the fun photos! your kids are so adorable! =)

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates