Saturday, July 16, 2011

It's a boy!

Happy Saturday!  Here we are at a weekend in July!  Can it get any better?  I am here with a new Scrappy Saturday Wee Memories Challenge!  This week our sponsor is Stamps of Life!

Our challenge this week is CAS, Clean and Simple!  This worked perfectly for me as I had this card idea in my head to make for my hubby's cousin's baby shower!  

This card was a huge hit at the shower!  My hubby didn't think it actually looked like a mustache and that no one would get it!  LOL  I made the mustache myself!  I folded a piece of cardstock in half and than hand drew half the mustache on it and cut it out (that way it was the same on both sides)  I than used that as my mask and traced along on a piece of brown cardstock.  I stamped the background by HA life of the party dots in robin's egg blue pigment ink and the sentiment is a HA stamp that I have had for a long time.  

I have to share with you what happened yesterday.  I was sitting on the couch cuddling Carter after his nap.  He loves to cuddle after his nap and if we don't with him he is sooo whiny!  Oh well I love it!  We were watching a realty show and the couple on the show were looking at houses and were finally in a good house and I think I made a sound like ohhh and the next thing I know Carter is chanting something.  I had to listen and think about it and I realized that he was saying "BUY IT!  BUY IT!!!"  over and over!  LOL!  So funny, he really is a real estate agent's son!!!!

I am quite excited the upcoming week is supposed to be quite hot!  What makes it even better is that we will be spending it at the cabin!  I am so looking forward to getting away and having some relaxation, and spending time at the hot beach!  :>

I hope that you will join us for this challenge it runs for two weeks until July 29th 11:59 pst!  Please check out the Wee Memories Blog for more details!  And to check out all of my fellow design team inspiration! 

16 comments:

Karen B. said...

Hah! This is a great card, fabulous idea, and I knew what it was right away!

Lynn said...

I knew it was a mustache too! Love to hear the story about Carter...sounds like he's learning from the best :)!

~amy~ said...

genius...I love it.

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, this is so funny, Anita! clever idea. . .love it!

Angi Barrs said...

Super cute. Love that stash. :)

Angi Barrs said...

Super cute. Love that stash. :)

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Anita, this is cute!!

Lisa said...

What a cute idea! I can see why it was a hit :) The story about Carter is adorable. Enjoy your time at the cabin!

Dawn T said...

what an amazing idea for a card Anita. Enjoy your time away ... get lots of relaxing down

Laurel Beard said...

Tee hee! This is super cute!

Christiana said...

Oh my goodness, how cute and clever! Love it, Anita!

Robin K. said...

I can see why your card was a hit at the shower - so clever and cute!! I hope you have a fun time at the cabin :)

Samantha Mann said...

i just loved your card and used it as inspiration to jump start my card for the latest wee memories challenge! :) who doesn't love an oversized mustache on a card?? :)

Amy Kolling said...

I miss those days of snuggling! My kids still like to snuggle but it's when they sneak in our bed at night! Ughh...so much for sleep! hehe Love your mustache card Anita and it looks great layered over those distressed dots!!! Havce fun at the cabin!

Lisa Elton said...

I got it! Cute card, cute idea, thanks for sharing!

Emily Leiphart said...

I love this, Anita! Moustaches are so in right now. I've been wanting the a•muse moustache set for a while now! Too funny about Carter and the house on TV. ;D

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates