Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hello Lucsious Card Set

Hello!  I hope that you are having a beautiful summer's day!  We sure are!  It's been an amazing start to summer with hot hot weather!  I wanted to pop in and share another card set, this time one that I made for Ariel's teacher!  As I mentioned when I shared my first of the teacher's card sets, I didn't have much time and was working at a fast pace!  I usually find myself thinking and thinking about card sets until I have it all perfected in my head!  With this one I had a rough idea and I told myself that I don't have time to think I just have to do!  That said I am still pretty happy with this set!



It's not easy to take pictures of card sets!  Much easier in the summer though!  Can't decide which way is better...



I started by stamping the envelope background with vintage photo TH distress ink onto all the kraft cards.  Than I sorted through my Hello Luscious patterned paper by Basic Grey to find some scraps to work with!  I than cut and punched them.   Than I stamped with versamark the branch from the Luscious Patterned Flowers set by HA and embossed in citron powder.  I stamped and embossed all the flowers on a separate kraft cardstock and cut out and adhered with a foam square. Stamped the sentiments.  I added all the pearls while at a play date!  Here's how I wrapped it all up:


Yesterday I took the kids strawberry picking!  My mom came along too.  We were both able to get 2 baskets (like a 4 litre pail) before Carter had enough!  :>  I love where we go, it's an hour drive and yes there is a few places closer but this place has a free animal petting farm, a fun maze and a very rustic playground!  I think this was our fourth year going there!  We all had such a blast!  Even Carter who is scared of dogs loved the animals!  He was so cute petting and chasing some!  He kept jumping for joy!  I also taped them and Chad loved seeing it!  I hadn't noticed he was jumping and running until we watched the video!  Ariel loved it too, she loves animals!

Sitting on the tractor after picking to go back...

 I love Carter's face!  He's on top of the maze!





Looking at these photo's make me want to go back!  :>  My kids have been loving the strawberries more than any other year!  I had been planning on making jam but I don't think there will be any left to make it!  And that's okay, the freshly picked berries are soo good!  I was so looking forward to making my strawberry banana muffins with freshly picked berries and I did today.  They are soo good BUT I think they are also really good with store bought and really that's good because I can't always get fresh!

I wanted to mention that I am so thankful for all your sweet comments.  I love sharing my creations with you!  And I love sharing about my family life.  I appreciate that you stop by and leave me comments that I know you did!  I am finding it difficult to keep up with everyone.  I am finding that after days full of summer fun I am sooo tired at the end of the day and I just don't have the energy to be online!  But I want to let you know I am trying.  I get so inspired by all of you!  :>  I hope that you are enjoying summer too!  I wish it was longer!  :>

12 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

What a super sweet set of cards, Anita! Love the rainbow of colors! Looks like your summer is off to a great start!

Dawn T said...

Such a pretty set of cards Anita. And what a great summer you are having. Enjoy this time with your children.... already you can see how much they are growing up. thank you for sharing your life with us.

Kelly said...

LOVE this set, Anita! The flowers are so cute and I love that green stem. GREAT way to use up some scraps at the bottom of the card. Just a very nice set! Where did you get your clear boxes? I know Papertry carries some...

The photos of the kids with the animals are too cute! My boys ouwld LOVE that!

Lynn said...

What a fabulous teacher gift! I'm sure she loved it! I love that envelope background stamp too...it is well loved at my house! Love the pics of your children! Enjoy your summer...don't worry about keeping up! You've got important people home with you all day!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love your card set Anita! The embossed colored flowers are so pretty and I love the envelope background. Your kids are adorable! I know what you mean about summer. It's hard to keep up with everyone online when you're outside and enjoying summer. Don't worry about it. There's plenty of time for that in the winter months. :)

Anonymous said...

This is such a gorgeous card set Anita! Love those bright happy flowers :)

Amy Kolling said...

Why did you have to show pics of those cards using Lucious??? I have been wanting this set since I saw it and now this just pushed it over the top for me to buy it! Love the envelope pattern stamp too.....just got mine in the mail yesterday and can't wait to use it!! I know it will get LOTS Of love here!

Amy Kolling said...

I meant to add in there that I really enjoyed the pics of your kiddos too! They are precious!!

ivy said...

that looks so fun! i'm bummed our cherry season is over and we can't go pickin'. next year.
and i find it hard to balance crafting in the summer while trying to keep up with the boys here! not enough time in the day! we have to keep the kissods entertained, right?!
i love this card set! and you spent a lot of time heat embossing & cutting out!

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh my, is this post ever full of beauty and cuteness! I love the card set. Those embossed flowers are so gorgeous and I love how you paired them up with the beautiful papers on kraft. All the photos of Ariel and Carter made me smile, especially the ones with the baby animals!! I love reading your posts, Anita!

Alice said...

beautiful set of cards, Anita! beautiful design and colors. the packaging is fab, too! love it! and awww... love all the fun photos! your kids are just the cutest! thanks for sharing! =)

jintyoo7 said...

Gorgeous set, Anita! It will be thoroughly appreciated, without a doubt. Such cute photographs, your little ones look like they had a ball :o)

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates