Saturday, February 26, 2011

Operation Write Home

Hello!  Happy Saturday!  I hope that your doing better than me as I woke up with a headache!  Oy!  No fun, I had one for most of last weekend too!  I am here with the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!  This week our challenge is a very special one as we are doing it to honor Operation Write Home!

Operation Write Home is such a great cause which collects hand made cards from crafters all over the world to send to the wonderful men and women who serve in the military protecting us. It's a way for them to write back home to loved ones with cards that have a more personal touch. 



Our theme this week is United We Stamp!  Your challenge is to make cards to send to OWL to send to the troops!  We really hope you send the cards you create in. You can find all the details and requirements on the OWH website HERE, and a list of cards needed HERE, and the guidelines HERE (the biggie is no glitter!) for your cards and everything you can see on the OWH website. And thanks to Unity Stamp Co for helping bring this challenge to you!  

And for this challenge you may enter as many times as you wish!  :>  We would love to be able to have lots of cards to send to OWL!

This week we have a great sponsor who I know you've heard of!  Unity Stamps!  Unity has been so awesome giving all of us DT stamps for the challenge but unfortunately with shipping to Canada it hasn't arrived here yet!  Sigh Canada customs can make it take sooo long for packages to get here sometimes!  I do have a card to share today and will be back with my card later in the week with the Unity stamps.  Oh well more cards for OWL as I'll send this one too!



Here is my card, I went with a birthday card:

I embossed the flower by Hero Arts in white on the patterned paper and distressed the edges with some antique linen.

I really hope that you will play with us this week and make some cards for a great cause!  Please check out the Wee Memories blog and all the rest of the wonderful DT's work here.

9 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Hi Anita,
So happy to see you doing this! I just sent in 11 cards last week...I'll try to make some more but not sure if I can swing it. I hope you have a huge response...such a great cause!
Judy1223

Barb said...

Love the way the flower looks on that pretty patterned paper, Anita! Hope your headache goes away soon!

Brenda said...

This is a super challenge as I already send all my cards to OWH! I love your sof card and that beautiful patterned paper you have as the background! Lovely Anita!

Robin K. said...

Such a great cause Anita! Love how the embossed flower looks against the pp! Hope you feel better soon :)

Chan said...

Lovely card, Anita! :o) I love how the white embossing makes the flower stand out from the patterned background! And I hear ya on the whole Canada customs thing -- one of my orders is held up there now. Ha!

Dawn T said...

Love your card Anita. So elegant.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really gorgeous, love the darker and more subtle background and then you have that wonderful color punch of the pink ribbon! Great contrast!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Anita! I love the beautiful flower and pink ribbon.

Jinny Newlin said...

Super sweet and so soft and springtime-like anyway, Anita! I'm so sorry that your stamps didn't arrive. Bummer!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates