Thursday, April 24, 2014

Butterfly Mom Card!

Hello there!  Thought I would pop by with another Mother's Day card to share!  Yes a second card share from me in a week!  My card class has brought back the love of paper crafting for me!  I think the break did me good, with being so busy with wreaths if I take a break from creating wreaths to make a card I know exactly what I want to make and I create so much faster!  While I did take a break from paper crafting, I didn't take a break from shopping I have a lot of unopened stuff today I am sharing a card  this stamp set by Clearly Besotted Elegant Butterflies.  This is my first set by them, I like it, it's a bigger set for not that much extra.  While you all know how much I love flowers, my first love is butterflies.  I find stamping backgrounds with stamps to be relaxing, to save time I "assigned" each butterfly a clear block and a color so no cleaning and messing up colors:

I used Hero Arts inks:  Mint, Pale Tomato, Peach, and wet cement.  I added the Mom die cut by Simon Says Stamp (doubled the cardstock than die cut kinda hard to get this intricate die cut out, maybe I wish it was thicker font) and anchored it with a velum strip.  A pretty simple card but pretty.  

Well it's a rainy gloomy day here!  Chad drove Ariel to school this morning and than realized that she forgot her backpack!  So he came back and is driving it to her, did I mention it's a 20 minute drive one way?  :<  I am off to work on some wreaths!  My shop is even busier this week!  :>

4 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Love these colors, wonderful stamping!

Lin said...

You've been missed in card land, Anita! Love this one today, especially the colors you put together!

Cindy C. said...

It's beautiful!

Dawn Turley said...

Certainly a very elegant butterfly Anita. Lovely card

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates