I am currently working on Valetines Day cards for Winter's card drive. If you havent' heard of it yet please check it out! I hope to be back in a few days to share a bunch of the ones I have made. Although today I have a thank you card to share:
I love this card so much that I want to keep it all for me! I used two HA stamps for this card, the striped circle and the thank you very much. I die cut the butterflies with my SU Butterfly die. For the biggest butterfly I used an old history text book than I took liquid glass (glossy accents) and lined the edges and than covered in glitter. I like the look and using the liquid glass it's super strong and the glitter doesn't come off, it does take a while to harden and I did it before putting the butterfly all together and assembled it after it dried. For the pink and the blue butterflies I stamped them with the striped circle as on the kraft card with white pigment ink. The ribbon is a American Crafts one and I based me colors all around it!
I recieved a blog award! Thank you so much Jill!
The rules are as follows:
1. Copy the award to your blog.
2. Link to the person who gave you the award.
3. Identify 7 interesting facts about yourself.
4. Choose seven other bloggers to pass this award on to.
5. Link to their blogs.
6. Leave them a comment to let them know about this award
My 7 Interesting Facts:
1. My mother is a professional taylor. She trained in Europe and is absoultely amazing. When I was young she was offered an amazing job with a designer but never took it since she didn't want to travel. She alters my clothes all the time and when I was a teenager I would draw outfits that I wanted and she would make them. Sadly I can hardly sew! When I see sewing done on cards I think to myself I really should do that. Never want to do it, I should! My mom has offered me a machine and I keep meaning to get it! I remember when I was in my early 20's and I told her I wanted to learn she quickly talked about sending me across the country to the place that had the best course in Canada. I had been thinking of taking a small course through the lesure guide!
2. I love breastfeeding! My brother is 5 years younger than me and I remember my mother nursing him. I always knew I would too. I always wanted babies and when Ariel came I never had any problems nursing! (I did read A LOT before she was born on it) My son Carter wasn't as easy but I am still nursing him in the mornings, I don't know when I will stop. Breast is best!
3. I have a sweet tooth! I love desserts, and candy! I used to eat it daily but have gotten better.
4. I enjoy baking! I love hunting for great recipes!
5. I am a first generation Canadian. My parents are both from Croatia and immigrated to Canada seperatly and met and fell in love here! I was born here and actually didn't speak English until I was 4! I can still understand Croation quite well and can speak okay. I have been to Croatia twice, the last was 5 1/2 years ago already!
6. I was robbed at gunpoint when I was 34 weeks pregnant with my first child Ariel. It was as terrifying as you can imagine! This is the worst thing that has ever happened to me, and I pray that it stays that way. My coworkers all told me that they thought they would become midwives that day! Thankfully Ariel didn't arrive for 8 weeks!
7. When I was a child/teenager I imagined my family. I don't know why I did this but I did. Here is what I saw: A Girl and a boy both blonde with a blondish husband (I am not in it as I am looking at them if that makes sense) we are all standing on a bridge looking at water. I have that family now, how cool is that? When my son Carter was born I remembered this, for some reason I hadn't before. It was quite interesting to remember that! I look forward to the point in my life where we are standing on a bridge and I can know that it's what I had in my heart.
So the 7 bloggers I am giving this award to is as follows (and sorry if you received it already....)
What a long post! Hope you enjoy my 7 interesting things! (BTW I cannot find the spellchecker on this new setting I have! )