Friday, October 4, 2013

I am back!

Hello!  I am back!  It's been a bit since I've last blogged and I apologize.  It's been quite busy over here!  And I am not complaining as I was very busy making wreaths, what a great month for my etsy shop! So I have been creative every single day making wreaths!  I did want to stop today and share a card!  I made it a bit ago with the feather dies by My Favorite Things!  



Did you know that these shades of blue are my favorite?  I don't often make cards in them but they are my favorite.  I think it's easy to follow trends and all that but at the last Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking call I only submitted 3 cards, 2 in the paper flower category and I made a card that was so me, my favorite colors, my favorite things on the card not thinking of trends and all that, and it got picked up!  Yay for May I know when you see it you will know right away that it's my card!

With this card I dipped the edges of the feathers into versamark and heat embossed it gold, my talented friend Donna was the first to do that with the feather dies.  It's fun to do, you know how much I love embossing!  I die cut the hello by My Favorite Things with heavy gold paper.  I really liked how the paper was heavy, I think paper companies should make heavy paper for die cutting, yes you can cut and glue and layer paper but I am not that patient, nor good at not getting glue everywhere!  I realized that after making this card I didn't do any stamping on it!  Oh the horrors!

Now to announce a random winner for a surprise from me:


Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...
Fun feather card, Anits - love the colors! And what great autumn colors on your fabulous wreaths!!

Yay Linda please contact me!


By the way everyone make sure to come back tomorrow and check out something exciting! 


I have so many new wreaths in my etsy shop! But here are a few to share:

I had fun making this wreath in brown burlap, listed it and it sold in half an hour:


And I wrapped burlap around a wreath and used some fall berries:


That's it from me today!  See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

Nice to see you cardmaking again! Love these gold-tipped feathers...so elegant. Your wreaths rock, too, wondergal!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Gorgeous card, Anita! And, I love your wreaths.

Trinh said...

Beautiful card & wreaths! I can see why that burlap one was snatched up so quickly. I love it!

~amy~ said...

You know I love your wreaths...love!

What a gorgeous card...I keep meaning to do the gold dipping...thanks for the inspiration!

Going to jump on the card drive band wagon too!

Cindy C. said...

Wow the feathers dipped in gold look fabulous!!

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous card (I love those gold tipped feathers!) and wreaths!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates